If you are not satisfied with your answers from
the previous two sections, engaging the services of an outside tax
consultant like Murphy Property Tax Consulting may be the right
course of action. But before you make that decision, you must weigh
it against several factors:
- Do you feel your property tax consultant understands
the mechanisms of assessing and the assessors office procedures?
- Do you feel the property tax consultant is
likely to be better received by the assessors office as
- Do you feel the property tax consultant offers
you better and sounder valuation expertise?
- Do you feel the consultants database
(containing extensive sales, leasing and other market information)
will further support your arguments before the assessor and/or
Board of Equilization?
- Do you feel the consultant will be more cost
effective and/or more likely to achieve increased savings for
you than hiring outside legal counsel?
it make sense to save on professional fees and handle my own tax
I hire an attorney to represent me?